The vision of the SRJC Intercultural Center is to create a more equitable, just, and inclusive community that values diversity in all its forms.
The Intercultural Center strives to create a safe and supportive learning environment that values diversity and builds an inclusive community. Through its co-curricular programs and services, the IC educates the campus for cultural competence and social justice.
- Support student leaders to be change agents for social justice
- Develop and implement co-curricular programs, services and events that foster cultural competency and identity development
- Provide a safe space for all students to engage their multiple, intersection and evolving identities.
- Advocate for and empower historically underrepresented and traditionally marginalized groups.
- Create a thriving community that engages and empowers faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds to achieve their professional and academic goals.